ESPON Seminar "Where are European cities heading? Evidence for better policy-making"
The seminar is going to be present in the latest developments in the development of cities and followed by parallel policy labs and policy makers and researchers in a debate on the needs and policies of sustainable and inclusive cities, as well as urban -rural partnerships.
It is the territorial evidence to support the work of urban partnerships, especially against the backdrop of the Urban Agenda for the EU framework.
The afternoon of the first day will be devoted to promoting the use of ESPON tools. The second day offers a session, “ESPON on your demand: targeted analyses approach”, which includes a Stakeholder Café, offering a platform for exchange, debate and networking.
Several speakers have confirmed their participation:
- Peter Ďurček, Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic
- Ilona Raugze, ESPON EGTC
- Cliff Hague, Heriot-Watt University
- Lewis Dijkstra, European Commission
- Patrick Le Galès, Sciences Po
- Nicolaas Beets, Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations Netherlands
- Zuzana Hudekova, Regional Ecological Center, Bratislava
- Johannes Lückenkötterer, University of Dortmund
- Vanya Simeonova, Alterra Research Institute, Wageningen University
- Christoph Schremmer, OIR
- David Evers, ESPON Contact Point Netherlands
- Wouter van der Heijde, City of Amsterdam
- Manuela Sara Samek Lodovici, Istituto per la Ricerca Sociale
- Vincent Nadin, TU Delft
- Daniel André, ESPON MC Member Sweden
- Jaromir Hainc, Prague Institute of Planning and Development, Czech Republic
- Martina Macakova, Prague Institute of Planning and Development, Czech Republic
- Carlos Ferreira, University of Coventry
- Joan Noguera, University of Valencia
- Blanka Bartol, ESPON MC Member Slovenia
- Martin Gauk, ESPON EGTC
- Oliver Muller, EUROSTAT
- Sandra Di Biaggio, ESPON EGTC
- Erik Gløersen, Spatial Foresight
- Julien Grunfelder, Nordregio
- Oriol Biosca, Mcrit
- Marjan van Herwijnen, ESPON EGTC
- Bernd Schuh, ÖIR
- Slaven Klobucar, CoR
- Thiemo Eser, Managing Authority of the ESPON 2020 Cooperation Programme
- Laurent Frideres, ESPON EGTC
- Michaela Gensheimer, ESPON EGTC
- Mario Mazzocca, Abruzzo Region, Italy
- Kai Böhme, Spatial Foresight
- Gavin Daly, ESPON EGTC
- Jean Peyrony, MOT
- Cathy Gebhart - Lévy, Ville et Eurometropole de Strasbourg
- Frederick-Christoph Richters, Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure Luxembourg
- Tibor Németh, Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development of the Slovak Republic
See the full program here.
Registration by Wednesday 23 November 2016 at 15h00 online here.
The event is organized in cooperation with the EU Presidency of Slovakia.