Co-creation in practice, an interregional debate @ Fabrica Ciudad, Habitat III
On 18 October, EUKN co-organised the Fábrica Ciudad event called "Co-creation in practice, an interregional debate" together with Pakhuis de Zwijger. During this event, discussants explored what "meaningful participation" in implementing the New Urban Agenda actually means. How does this work in practice? What are inspiring examples? Policy-makers and city-makers exchanged concrete practices in various countries, in different regions in the world. More information on the Fábrica Ciudad can be found here.
Involved ‘city makers’:
- Mart Grisel – director EUKN
- Klio Krajewska – 7 Billion Urbanists
- Florencia Martinez – Red Paraguaya por Ciudades Sustentables
- Juan Baquerizo – Opus La Mariscal
- Nicolaas Beets – Dutch Urban Envoy fort he Urban Agenda
- Soraya Zanardo – Senior Capacity-Building, URBACT
- Nico Keijzer – Slum Dwellers International
- Mario Villalba Ferreira – Vice Minister Paraguay
The outcomes of this interregional debate can be found in this informative and original sketch, visualized by Herman Weeda (JAM visual thinking). More findings and conclusions will be published in the coming weeks.