EUKN hosts a series of UN-Habitat Urban Thinkers Campus webinars with a consortium of global partners
The EUKN has joined a global consortium of partners from Europe, the US and India to organise a number of webinars as part of the Urban Thinkers Campus (UTC) Series #2, an initiative of UN-Habitat’s World Urban Campaign.
UTC's are conceived as an open space for critical exchange between all stakeholders and partners, with the aim of promoting sustainable urbanization. The series of webinars organised by EUKN and partners focuses on urban resilience and recovery in light of the recent novel coronavirus outbreak, exploring different aspects of urbanism for the post-crisis era. Looking into the urban planning and policymaking lessons learned from the pandemic, the events will cover the following topics:
- 29 June, 14.30 - 16.30 CEST - Public Spaces as Critical Social Infrastructure, organised by the Sushant School of Planning and Development, Gurgaon. Find a summary of the webinar here (will be released 7th July, 2020).
- 6 July, 14.30 - 16.30 CEST - Financing Recovery for Resilient and Sustainable Cities, organised by the Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- 13 July, 14.30 - 16.30 CEST - Housing for All to Create Sustainable and Inclusive Cities, organised by The Madras Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- 17 July, 17.00 - 19.00 CEST - Sustainable Urban Mobility, organised by the European Urban Knowledge Network
- 23 July, 14.30 - 16.30 CEST - Climate Action and Energy Policy, organised by the US Green Building Council
- 30 July, 14.30 - 16.30 CEST - The Role of Multi-level Governance in Managing Pandemics, organised by the National Institute of Urban Affairs (India)
The Regional Studies Association is also part of the aforementioned consortium of partners.
Find out more about the UN Habitat World Urban Campaign's Urban Thinkers Campus initiative and more events here.