EUKN Policy Lab for Czechia: Updating the Czech Principles of Urban Policy
On the 23 September 2021 (13:30-17:00 CEST) the EUKN will organise a Policy Lab on the renewal of the Czech Principles of Urban Policy (PUP) in cooperation with the Czech Ministry of Regional Development.
The main objectives of the Policy Lab will be the following:
- Present the Czech PUP and the ongoing renewal process to receive feedback
- Explore how key strategic agendas such as the New Urban Agenda, the Urban Agenda for the EU and especially the New Leipzig Charter, should be informing the new Czech PUP and its thematic principles.
- Exchange of knowledge and experience on National Urban Policies (NUPs) among Member States, looking especially into NUP renewal processes, monitoring and implementation.
- Explore principles to embed into NUPs, specifically in support of social cohesion (just), environmental sustainability (green) and economic development (productive) and in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic recovery.
After the Policy Lab, the EUKN Secretariat will produce a compact policy paper including learnings from the event and outline recommendations for the Czech Ministry of Regional Development on how to move forward with the PUP renewal process.
To collect participants’ inputs and ensure they will feed into the discussion in the best way possible, the EUKN Secretariat prepared a brief survey. All participants are kindly requested to fill in an anonymous short survey by 15 September 2021. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Register for the event here
- Read the programme here
- Read the programme here (Czech)
- Fill in the preparatory survey here before 15 September 2021
- Read the background paper for the Policy Lab
- Read the background paper for the Policy Lab (Czech)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries related to the event.