EUKN Webinar - COVID-19: A Catalyst for More Sustainable Urban Mobility - Friday 17 July
On Friday 17 July, 2020 at 17:00, the EUKN secretariat hosted and moderated a webinar looking into the future of urban mobility in the wake of COVID-19. Global expert speakers from policy, academia and business made up the panel, including:
- Nuno Norte Pinto, lecturer at The University of Manchester
- Karen Vancluysen, Secretary General at POLIS Network
- Bhargab MAITRA, Head of Civil Engineering Department at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Boyd Cohen, Ph.D., co-founder of Iomob Technology Services
- Harriet Tregoning, Director, World Resources Institute New Urban Mobility Alliance - NUMO
- Mona Jabbari, researcher at Universidade do Minho
- Rashi Agarwal, co-founder and CBO of Mobycy
The webinar was a huge success. With over 200 very active participants, the panel engaged in a highly dynamic discussion covering multiple dimensions of the future of urban transport - from how to facilitate more active, pandemic-friendly modes of transport, to the intersection of the Black Lives Matter movement with mobility inequities in the United States, to how to create more sustainable, efficient ways for logistics vehicles to move around the city.
This webinar was organised in collaboration with a global consortium of partners from Europe, the US and India to organise a number of webinars as part of the Urban Thinkers Campus (UTC) Series #2, an initiative of UN-Habitat’s World Urban Campaign. Find out more about the UN Habitat World Urban Campaign's Urban Thinkers Campus initiative and more events here.