This INTERREG IVC project aims to improve the competitiveness and the quality of life in Metropolitan Regions, especially focusing on transport solutions with a view to:
- reducing transport needs without impairing mobility
- increasing the share of environmentally friendly transport.
The project was characterized by an integrated approach, developed in the following three sequential steps:
- reduction of transport demand (reducing the need for transportation within the Metropolitan Regions through a better coordination of land use and transport planning/policies)
- reallocation of traffic (increasing the provision and use of public transport) and
- increasing the use of renewable energy in transport.
Please find more information on the website of Catch.