The event, held on 13 November 2020, was organised by the Dutch Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations and the European Urban Knowledge Network (EUKN) EGTC in cooperation with the URBAN Intergroup in the European Parliament.
Being an official side event of the 2020 European Week of Regions and Cities (#EURegions Week), the event contributed to all its three thematic priorities - Empowering Citizens, Cohesion and Cooperation, and Green Europe. The key objective was to promote the UAEU Partnerships' achievements among a broader audience, and to foster an action-oriented exchange with relevant insititutions and stakeholders.
Throughout the panel discussion, key stakeholders and Partnerships' representatives have exchanged their ideas especially around three topics:
- Achieving Better Regulation;
- Actions for the European Green Deal;
- The value and the future of the multi-level Partnership approach.
- As announced, the insights will be summarised into a document that will be presented to the current EU Council Presidency Trio Germany, Portugal and Slovenia in the weeks to come. To this end, the participants have been asked to respond to a few questions on the UAEU and the future of its Partnerships in this online survey (anonymously) before 13 November 2020.
- The report of the event is available here.
- The recording of the event can be watched on YouTube.