The urban landscape is ever changing. The EUKN is an established, trustworthy partner and platform for urban knowledge, concerned with modern-day urban challenges and policies in Europe. In order to focus on recent developments taking place in its field of work, EUKN publishes monthly Urban Review newsletter.
The newsletter showcases EUKN articles on trending urban topics, summaries of relevant urban news, events and publications in Europe and interviews with leading urban experts.
Would you like to receive our monthly newsletter? SIGN UP
The pandemic has shed a new light on the paradoxical nature of urban tourism, with some city centres experiencing relief and a local-led revival and others suffering as the tourist industry - and the city economy - is hit hard. The question remains: will urban tourism ever be what it once was? And, more importantly, do we want it to be? If not, how do we reconfigure local economies in some cities away from their dependence on tourism? It seems that now, finally, it's time to address the question of what urban tourism should - or could - be.
News from the Network:
- The EUKN Partners with Urban Future Global Conference 2021 (UFGC21)
- EUKN Event: Urban Agenda for the EU Partnerships in the Spotlight
- Non-Architecture Launches New Theme: Living Together
- The sixth Urban Voices articles: Urban Thinkers' perspective on COVID-19: A Catalyst for More Sustainable Urban Mobility?
News from the Urban World:
- Euronews: Venice Considers a New Tourism Model
- Apply to the European Social Catalyst Fund (ESCF)
- The Independent Research Fund Denmark (DFF) Call for Proposals
- The International Journal of Tourism Cities Call for Papers
Among other news, articles and studies. Read it now to find out more!