The urban landscape is ever changing. The EUKN is an established, trustworthy partner and platform for urban knowledge, concerned with modern-day urban challenges and policies in Europe. In order to focus on recent developments taking place in its field of work, EUKN publishes monthly Urban Review newsletter.
The newsletter showcases EUKN articles on trending urban topics, summaries of relevant urban news, events and publications in Europe and interviews with leading urban experts.
Would you like to receive our monthly newsletter? SIGN UP
The period of lockdown-easing is well underway in Europe; countries have opened their borders and terraces across the continent are bustling with people drinking their first beers of the summer - albeit at a safe distance. With some lessons about Europe's crisis-response already learnt, the focus has now turned to planning the recovery. The question of how we rebuild local economies to be more resilient to these kind of shocks is at the tip of everyone's tongues. This month's newsletter focuses on the theme of the moment: rebuilding local economies in the wake of COVID-19.
News from the Network:
- Webinar for Slovenia: Unravelling the ‘Green’ Actions of the Urban Agenda for the EU
- EUKN takes part in Eutropian Cooperative Cities Webinar
- EUKN Webinar - COVID-19: A Catalyst for More Sustainable Urban Mobility?
- The third Urban Voices article by our very own Senior Policy and Project Officer, Lea Scheurer - The New Leipzig Charter: A Personal Perspective
News from the Urban World:
- Upcoming urban webinars
- New Urban Agenda for the EU Interactive Infographic
- The UDMH Journal for Urban Design and Mental Health Calls for Submissions on COVID-19
- Our third curated Lockdown Lectura list at the bottom of this newsletter, bringing you a short selection of the best reads on rebuilding local economies in the wake of pandemics
Among other news, articles and studies. Read it now to find out more!